The MILD Group – Internship
The MILD Group, a portfolio of book businesses comprised of The Marsh Agency, The Indigo Press, LiveLit, and Dulwich Books, are seeking an intern for a six-month placement beginning 1st July 2019.
This is a rolling internship and MILD Group will seek a new intern every six months. The position is paid at National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage (depending on age), for a 35-hour week, with most of your time spent at the John Murray Building, 50 Albemarle Street, London W1S 4BD.
The role will consist of working in varied areas across the group, particularly with The Indigo Press, a publisher; LiveLit, a literary events series, and The Marsh Agency, a leading international rights agency.
Your duties may include:
- Managing meetings; circulating agendas and notes
- Co-ordinating mailouts of proofs and book copies
- Drafting reports on literary events and festivals
- Preparing newsletters and social media updates
- Maintaining logs of prizes, festivals, contacts, submitted manuscripts, and so on
- Organising schedules for upcoming book fairs
- Proofreading material
- Helping staff events
- General office admin
- Occasional days working at Dulwich Books and at events and festivals
- Proven interest in the book trade
- Excellent written English and numeracy skills
- Excellent IT skills: ability to use Microsoft Office programmes, Insightly, and social media sites
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to follow instructions and prioritise
- Ability to keep track of multiple projects
- Clear and confident communication
- Excellent references
- Relevant bookselling/retail, academic, or office experience
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to Miranda Nicklin by 13th May.
Interviews will be held in the week beginning 3rd June.